The Liebster Blog Award is typically given to blogs that have fewer than 300 followers and is an opportunity for people to learn a little bit more about these blogs. I was recently nominated by two other fantastic bloggers for this award Amanda’s Nose in a Book & Wine goes best with a good book. (sorry it took me SO LONG to post…Procrastination should be added to the deadly sins…or is that part of sloth?). I know some blogs are award free and I totally get/respect that but I have followed a bunch of cool blogs through some of these awards so I’m game! And I very much appreciate the ladies who thought of me! 🙂
Here are the rules:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
- Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!
11 Facts about me:
1. I’m in my late twenties but I read a lot of YA because I think the stories are often more hopeful/fun than a lot of adult fiction. The world is already serious enough I’d much rather read about young people saving it than adults making it worse.
2. I’m married to a writer who is even more geeky than I am. It’s pretty fantastic because there is no judging in our house and we bounce all our geeky ideas off of each other and our bookshelves are full of amazingness.
3. I have a BFA in Theatre but I’ll be going to medical school in the fall.
4. At this point I’m most interested in pediatric emergency medicine but we’ll see how that plays out in 4 years.
5. I will be a D.O don’t know what that is??? Check out this link. 🙂
6. I grew up on a beautiful little Island in Florida.
7. But….I moved to Chicago for college and never left. (I think this makes me crazy)
8. I love running (cuz it’s free) and I’ve run marathons and half marathons…they aren’t really fun to do but they are lots of fun to finish.
9. In my theatre days I may or may not have had an alter ego who was a burlesque dancer.
10. I was a competitive figure skater when I was a kid. (In FL…yep)
11. I have two little sisters (also in their twenties) and they are my best friends.
These are the questions from Amanda’s Nose in a Book (such a great blog!!!)
1.Why did you start blogging? Honestly? Because my sister was not keeping up with all the books I kept trying to force her to read and I really, really NEEDED to talk to someone about them. I was afraid she might stop speaking to me if I didn’t find another outlet for all the book chatter going on in my head.
2.What is the first book you can honestly say that you fell in love with? Island of the Blue Dolphins. I spent weeks upon weeks in my backyard pretending to be Karana. (I even tried to make my own clothing out of nature…yeah.)
3.Other than reading and blogging, what are your hobbies? Running. And I have recently started writing more but I have no story of my own to tell just lots of scenes and characters that flit through my head.
4.What are your guilty pleasures (books/tv shows/movies)? Things with vampires. Yeah….. I know.
5.If you could switch places with any fictional character, who would you choose? Oh geez. Probably Hermione and here’s why: She’s brilliant, she can do magic for heavens sake! (Brilliantly) And really, who doesn’t want to go to Hogwarts??
6.Do you have any other blogs? If so, what do you blog about? If not, What would you blog about if you had another one? Nope. I am almost too technologically challenged for this one (guys seriously…how do I make it prettier?) If I had another it would probably be about school and medicine. It would be sadder and more intense and a lot less fun…I’ll stick with book blogging for now.
7.What are your top 3 favorite television shows of all time? Hmmmm…What about my top 3 right now?
The Walking Dead.
Game of Thrones
American Horror Story
8.If you won a free vacation to any place of your choosing, where would you go? Scotland for a Scotch tour.
9.If you could only bring 3 books with you on that vacation, which ones would you choose? Unwholly, Seraphina, Dreams of Gods and Monsters
10.Who is your favorite band or singer? Currently? Mumford and Sons , Imagine Dragons and Florence and the Machine.
11.Why do you think they want us to ask an odd number of questions?
11 is a kickass number!! Here are some very cool facts about the number 11.
And THESE are the questions from Caroline over at Wine goes best with a good book (also amazing)!
1. What encouraged you to start blogging, and what is the message you are trying to send? Started blogging for my sis 🙂 I don’t know if I have a message but I really love DISCUSSING books… I want to tall you about the things I learn from the books I read and I’m curious to know if others thought what I did…
2. Most influential book? Probably all of the Harry Potters because they fed my imagination in a way no other story ever has… and I think they saved my life for realz y’all once or twice.
3. What is your go to activity on a rainy day? Umm Reading… isn’t that everyones??
4 . How has your career/school interest helped you with your blog? Oh geez.. I use this as escapism so not much crossover… I suppose being a theatre major round one of school taught me to get into the minds and hearts of characters.
5. What character do you think represents you the best? I really WISH it was June Iparis from Legend or Katniss from HG or Hermione from (If I have to tell you that we can’t be friends) But… I think it’s Chubs from The Darkest Minds or Zu from Daughter of Smoke and Bone or perhaps John in Legend (I guess I’m a secondary character in my head).
6. Book or e-reader? BOTH if a book is great I MUST own it in BOTH!!!!
7. How have your travels helped you with your writing? Wish I had traveled 😦
8. What’s the one piece of advise you’d give your younger self (you can tell I’m reaching here)? CHILL chickadee… Is allll gonna be ok. Even when it’s not, it is. You will survive and you will learn.
9. How do you feel about your career, is your blog a way for you to escape that and do something that truly interests you? Well… my career will be school soon right now I just have a job… but yes the blog/reading is an escape 🙂
10. Where do you go to blog/write? My reading chair.
11. What is the most beneficial thing you think will come from this award? Hopefully I will find new people who want to chat about books with me… Guys, I LOVE TALKING ABOUT BOOKS!! *Crazy grin*
And NOW I nominate all these awesome people who’s blogs keep me entertained on a daily basis.
A Letter for Justin Alcala (Full disclosure this is my husband… but his blog is really great!)
And HERE are my questions for YOU 🙂
1.Why did you start blogging?
2. If you were going to recommend one book to everyone what would it be?
3.Do you have a soundtrack for the books you read?
4. What are your guilty pleasure reads?
5. Did you grow up in a reading family or discover a love of reading on your own?
6. What books have most influenced your life?
7. What are your top 3 favorite books right now?
8. Do you have a story to tell? Have you already started writing it?
9.What is your favorite classic ?
10. Are you a bit of a book geek or fangirl (boy) ?? Do you have a deep dark geek secret/story to share?
11. It’s the Zombie apocolypse!!! AHHHHHHH!!! Whats your survival plan?